The Circle of Security is an 8 Week relationship based early intervention program designed to enhance attachment security between parents/care givers and children.
Topics covered include:
· Recognising and understanding children’s emotional needs
· How to support a child’s independence
· How to support a child’s need for closeness and intimacy
· How to promote the development of empathy in children
· Understanding why sometimes children’s behaviours cause a negative reaction in their parents/carers
· How to handle a child’s emotional ‘meltdowns’
· What approach to take when children ‘act out’
Run at Tenterfield District Family Services each Thursday from February 6 to April 9 - 10.30am to 12.30pm.
For more information, or to register your interest, contact our Inverell RPRP team on (02) 6721 6400.